Are you someone who is keeping away from the news at the moment, or at the least limiting your exposure to it? Don’t get me wrong I worked in radio and television newsrooms through my late teens, all through my twenties and into my thirties and I know (first hand) how responsible these outlets are for spreading information.
However (and it is a BIG however) information is very different to wisdom. Information is fact based. Wisdom is experience based. So with that in mind I have gathered together a group of previous Wyse Women guests (in a virtual red tent) to offer comfort and strength to anyone who is finding the mainstream media a bit too overwhelming.
In this very special extended edition of Wyse Women, mothers, teachers, spiritual leaders, musicians and even a former swami (monk) discuss what they feel is happening right now and offer their deepest wisdom to us on how to navigate our way through.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why nature helps us to feel safe and secure … ‘Mother Earth has lived much longer than us.’
- How fulfilling it is to be of service to others
- Ways to get creative in self isolation
- A short cut meditation to ‘witness consciousness’
- A few chants/mantras to dwell on
- … and probably most importantly, you will learn how a whole group of grounded and wise women (who have all learned from their own individual crises) are feeling and thinking at the moment. Sometimes when we hear others sharing similar thoughts/feelings to the ones that we are having, we know that we are not alone, and that in itself can be a tremendous source of comfort.
My stand-out quote/s from this podcast
‘If we feel strong and we feel there is a tomorrow – we are not afraid of it. So lets be strong and lets be all together creating love from our heart, not from our head.’ – Frauke Behrens
I honestly do believe this is the beginning of a radically transformative period in human life.’ – Sally Kempton
‘Avoid the fear, there is no point in embracing it. I think you have really got to honour your body, your mind and your soul at this time. This is all about staying grounded’ – Tiggy Walker
Contributions from ... (in order of appearance)
Click on name to listen/re-listen to each woman's original podcast
- Frauke Behrens, Kundalini yoga teacher
- Jamie Linegar, Complementary Health Practitioner
- Madeleine Walker, Animal Communicator. Click here to help stressed pets during pandemic.
- Tiggy Walker, Producer & wife of BBC Radio 2 presenter Johnnie Walker
- Justine Clement, CEO of The Life Adventure
- Anna Krantz , Singer/Songwriter
- Elle Arthur, Yogi & Kirtan Leader
- Helena Enright, Drama Lecturer
- Jojo Mehta, Co-Founder of #StopEcocide Movement
- Zara Kolasinska, Artist
- Nikki Slade, Kirtan Leader
- Sally Kempton, Spiritual/meditation teacher, former Swami
- Miranda Macpherson, Spiritual teacher
You may also like to listen to my brand Wyse Women episode with Deva Premal.
Click HERE for Deva’s podcast ‘The Gayatri Mantra.’
Also available for your earholes on April 7th (Full Moon)
***This podcast includes an update with Deva about Coronavirus as well ***